Thursday 21 March 2013

Mothers Day Butterfly

I just thought I would share with you the card I made my mum for Mothers Day. I have to admit I did copy this from an idea on the internet - it is a useful tool to use when you need that extra bit of inspiration! I liked the cleanliness of this design and the use of the Elegant Butterfly punch which is just as elegant as its name! The butterfly is punched out from Floral District DSP and I used the same DSP for the vertical strips but any co-ordinating DSP can be used in this project. I used the Big Shot Perfect Polka Dots folder on Whisper White card stock - such a useful embossing folder - and edged it with a strip of Whisper White Scallop Trim Border. The background paper is also from the Floral District DSP with the greeting, taken from Teeny Tiny Sentiments (and punched out with the Word Window and Modern Label punches), made using Rich Razzleberry ink and card stock to complement it. The butterfly sits on some 5/8" Organza Ribbon (another of my favourites). Finally I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the butterfly and topped it with a Vintage Faceted Designer Button to give it all a bit of  glitz!

No comments:

Post a Comment