Sunday 7 February 2016

Januarys Classes

Oh dear, where has the time gone! Yet again I am late in posting our projects for January, and I will be posting Februarys soon too - I think I shall prepare them today and hopefully remember to post them after my nexct class which is tomorrow.  I have changed my Selsley Monday classes to now occur on the 2nd Monday of the month to avoid bank holidays. See my classes page for full details of when my classes will be.
So, back to January's class - due to it being Sale-a-bration, we used one of the many products that you can get for free when you spend £45 or more from either or both of the annual catalogue and Spring/Summer catalogues.
This set is called Sky Is The Limit and is a great card for a male and also has a lovely 'Happy Birthday' and 'Congratulations' stamps.  Unfortunatley though this stamp set is only available for a limited time, until 15th February so if you wold like to own a set, please contact me ASAP with an order of £45 to be able to earn it! The colours were used were Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler.  The backing paper was taken from the Neutrals Colour collection DSP pack.

The second card was made using a new set from the Spring/Summer catalogue - Bloomin' Love along with strips of paper taken from the matching Love Blossoms DSP Stack.  The main colours used were Rose Red, Basic Black and Whisper White which also coordinate with the paper.  Although I demonstrated a Valentine card, my class members used different greetings from different stamp sets to turn it into an Anniversary card, Birthday card and Wedding card so this stamp set design is very versatile!
And finally the 3D project was a mini cracker, just about the right size to contain a Ferroer Rocher chocolate.  It was made using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to create the folds and the Envelope Punch Board to create the 'neck' of the cracker.  The paper was again taken from the Love Blossoms DSP Stack and the other colours used were Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo and Whisper White. I gave the class a choice of which paper to use from the Love Blossoms DSP Stack and then a choice of either Pink Pirouette or Whisper White Seam Binding ribbon to tie the cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment