Wednesday 12 August 2015

July's Class


Where is the year going! It is already the school holidays (although it hasn't felt much like summer) and I am already behind with my posts!
For Julys class I chose a theme of cards to mark a celebration, perhaps the passing of exams; and making use of the colourful Bohemiam DSP.
I CASEd the celebration card from one I had seen on Pinterest and for it we used a mixture of punches and framelits - 1 ", 1 3/4", 2 1/2" circle punches,  Stars Framelits, Confetti Stars Border, Star from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  The main card stock used was Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Gold Glimmer paper.  The mortar board was made by using the Sweetheart punch and Large Oval for the 'skull-cap' and free hand cutting for the 'board'.  I am afraid I cheated with the greeting as used it from a retired set.  I had lots of good comments of how effective using the glimmer paper as a backing under the star punched strip looked.
I couldn't resist using the Banner Banter stamp set and co-ordinating colours from the Bohemiam DSP to make this birthday card suitable for all ages.  The main colours used complement the colours from the Boho DSP which are Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry and Delightful Dijon.  The greeting was taken from Sassy Saluations. Some Whisper White Bakers Twine was used to make the bows holding the bunting.
To accompany the greeting card, we made a gift card holder again using the colours Bermuda Bay and Delightful Dijon with another piece of Bohemiam DSP. The base was embossed using the Boho Chic folder. The tag was made using the Merry Everything stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink and Note Tag punch.  The bow was made using another of my favourite punches, the Bow Builder.  A Candy Dots Brad Base was used as a hinge.



No comments:

Post a Comment