Friday 2 August 2013

July's Class....

Summer is most definitely here, and this card reflects this lovely time of year! Using the lovely Summer Silhouettes stamp set the ladies set about creating this easel card at July's class. The colour scheme I have used is Gumball Green teamed with Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin Pie.


The greeting used stamps from Memorable Moments a lovely stamp set that adds a touch of elegance. I have used the En Francais background stamp inked in elegant eggplant stamped on sahara sand card. I used the Boho Blossoms & Scallop Trim Border punches for the inside of the card to enable the card to be  opened up.


I am really chuffed with the butterflies and the effect created by stamping and daubing the punched out Bitty Butterfly in elegant eggplant, it is so effective! 


Using pumpkin pie ink and cardstock just adds a splash of colour. Hope you like! Happy Summer everyone.  Alli x

Oh my, the summer will be gone by the time I get myself organised! I had completely forgotten about sharing my card with you that we made at July's class.

This used the the Pennant Parade stamp set and coordinating Petite Pennants Builder.  I had found the basis of this design on the internet and just had to share it with our ladies as I thought it a good basic birthday card suitable for all ages and genders. The card stock colours used were Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake and Whisper White, with Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Daffodil Delight and Midnight Muse inks.  I used the paper piercing tool along the scallop edges of the Crumb Cake to add a bit of detail and some rhinestones were used in the centre of the Daffodil Delight flowers (cut using the 4 petal flower punch from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack) to add a bit of sparkle. The top layer of pennants were strung together using Whisper White Bakes Twine and a bow made from 3/8" Whisper White taffeta ribbon finishes off the design.  The greeting was stamped using the Itty Bitty Banners set in Midnight Muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment